Why is Google Meet conferencing added to all of my calendar events?
One of the options that BLAB offers for your video conferencing needs is Google Meet. If you have opted to use this method to virtually meet with your clients, you will want to disable the feature automatically set up in your Google account to have a Google Meet conference created for each calendar event
Read more below to find out how to disable this feature.
If you are using G Suite (custom email domain)
G Suite Administrators can disable this setting by following the instructions outlined below.
Here's how to change the setting:
- Sign in to the Google Admin console.
- Click Apps > G Suite > Calendar.
- Click Sharing settings.
- Under Video Calls, uncheck Automatically add video calls to events created by a user.
More information about this can be found here.
If you are using Gmail (gmail.com domain)
If you're using a gmail.com domain, here's how to disable this setting in your account:
- Go to your Google Calendar.
- Click on the cog symbol in the top, right and choose Settings.
- Scroll down to Event Settings.
- Uncheck the "Automatically add Google Meet video conferences to events I create" box.
Once this is complete, your settings should automatically be saved. By doing this you will ensure that your BLAB bookings will not appear twice in your Google calendar.